1931, Erdőbénye – 2021, Budapest, painter, sculptor, graphic artist
He graduated from the Faculty of Marine Engineering of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics in 1956. He studied at the Hungarian School for Window Dressing and Decoration in 1959 and at the École des Beaux Arts in Paris from 1965 to 1967. He considered György Marczell and Béla Hamvas to be his spiritual masters. He was an active participant in the avant-garde movement conceived in opposition to ofcial art policy at the turn of the ffies and sixties. His goal was to create universal art that, breaking free from the world of emotions, expresses philosophical-metaphysical values. The collection of Hungarian folk art at the Musée de l’Homme in Paris had a liberating inﬂuence on him. He strived not only to synthesise but also to renew the ancient, universal sets of forms.